I’ve been quite busy catching up with work and settling into Portland, but I wanted to give a quick update on things that have been going on!
THE CARD GAMES OF CTHULHU
My latest card game, Cthulhu Fluxx, comes out on August 17th.
- In developing the game, I tried to make the Mythos connection actually relevant and more than just a new hat. Andy Looney and I discuss the design in this video.
- I’ll be demoing it at Guardian Games in Portland on Saturday, August 18th from 1-3 PM.
- Here’s a few reviews: Father Geek and Blogcritics. Personally, I was happy to hear “Have an open mind, haters. For the first time, I enjoyed myself with the game and was more than happy to play again, and then again, and then again. Usually, I would just walk away from the table when a Fluxx game was going to be played, but now I was the one asking for players.”
Speaking of Lovecraftian card games, the first expansion for Cthulhu Gloom has been announced: Unpleasant Dreams. As the name suggests, it delves into the Dreamlands, with a few dreams in the Witch-House thrown in for good measure.
While I’m not going to be at Gen Con this year, I will be at PAX Prime. I’m going to be on four panels this year; click the links for full descriptions.
Eberron and Beyond – Tabletop, Friday 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Loving The Alien – Tabletop, Friday 6:00 – 7:00 PM
Setting The Mood – Tabletop, Saturday 4:00 – 5:00 PM
It Only Hurts When I Laugh – Unicorn Theater, Sunday 4:30 – 5:30 PM
I’ll also be doing some demos of Cthulhu Fluxx in the gaming area. Beyond that, I generally like to pick some time to hang out for a few hours in a public space to talk with people about games, fiction, pasta, or whatever else seems interesting at the time. If you’re interested in that, the best bet is probably to follow me on Twitter (@HellcowKeith), since location and time may be fairly spontaneous.
BOOT-FEARING MASTER PLANS
I’ve been featured on a few podcasts over the last few weeks.
* Fear The Boot just posted our interview from SDCC 2012, featuring discussion of Eberron, Gloom, and Cthulhu Fluxx.
* Master Plan dug up an interview we did in 2009, discussing world creation. While it’s a few years old, it’s still accurate!
I also have a new article up on Dungeonmastering.com, dealing with politically-themed campaigns.
That’s all for now – check in tomorrow for the next Eberron lightning round! And if you have questions, ask here – though this will be a lightning round, so the narrower the focus, the better!